Doodly Review: Doodly is a leading explainer video creation software. You can make creative doodle-style videos using its simple drag-and-drop feature, and the final product will look as if someone drew it by hand. You can use these explainer videos in your marketing campaigns, as educational resources, promotional materials, and so much more. The whiteboard video creator allows you to tell your story and send a powerful message. Moreover, the features are so easy to navigate that anyone can create videos that convert.
Let’s take a look at what Doodly is and how you can benefit from it. Check out our Doodly review to learn all about it!
What is Doodly?
Doodly is a desktop software developed to create high-quality whiteboard animation videos. Its drag and drop interface makes content creation easy for beginners and experts alike.
Whiteboard animations generally feature doodles drawn by an artist and a narrator who commentates in the background. You must have seen a thousand of them. You can begin to make one yourself now. Doodly allows you to create videos on whiteboard, blackboard, green board as well as glass board. A massive library contains predefined templates and elements that can help you create an explainer video. So you don’t need to possess animation skills to get started with Doodly.
Doodly is useful for YouTubers, presentation makers, storytellers, students, marketers, and generally all video creators. You can present your unique idea in a very creative manner; there is no restriction to what you can achieve using Doodly.
- Unlimited videos
There is no limit to how many videos you can create using Doodly. You can create as many explainer videos as you’d like, both for personal and commercial purposes.
When it comes to navigating the software, it is very beginner-friendly. There are plenty of templates to keep your video interesting and the drag-and-drop feature simply works as a cherry on top. So you don’t need any technical skills to get started.
- High-quality videos
Once you’re done, there is a range of resolution choices for you. You can choose a high-quality resolution to publish your video without any trouble.
- Voice over
We love the voice-over feature of Doodly. You can directly record and add voice over to your video within the app.
- Custom draw path
Besides templates, you can upload images of your own. The custom draw paths will allow you to add a handwritten effect on the images you posted later as well.
- Long video rendering time
Exporting high-quality videos may take longer than you’ve expected. Moreover, the app needs an internet connection to operate. So if you are somewhere that has bad reception, you will have a difficult time exporting your Doodly video.
- Costly Membership
Doodly’s membership options stand higher than the average price point.
Features of Doodly
- Massive library Doodly features a vast library containing photos, characters, soundtracks, and props. With more than 200 characters in 20 different poses, Doodly has one of the largest libraries in the market. Custom images designed by professional designers are hosted in the library as well. Not only that, but you will also find a wide range of props in the Doodly library supported by 20 different backgrounds.
- Drag and Drop Anyone can create a video in Doodly. The drag and drop feature allows you to add elements with minimal effort. You can later customize them, Doodly allows you full control over every element in the video. The company claims that it is so easy to create videos using Doodly that even a seven year-old can do it.
- Video editing Doodly also features an easy to navigate video editor that can help you out with video timeline, duplicating and deleting scenes and more. You can create videos for any niche and industry – there is no limit to what you can achieve with your animated video.
- Board Styles Doodly was initially designed as whiteboard animation software. However, not it also offers a chalkboard, glass board, green board, and custom board.
- Free tracks Doodly offers two slots for audio tracks in your video. One is for background music and another for voice over. There are edit options for audio tracks to help you cancel background noise. You can tweak them until you achieve your desired result. Different Doodly plans offer a different number of tracks. You can choose from the free tracks offered by Doodly or import an MP3 audio file from the outside. The software allows you to record voice over within the app.
- Hand styles There are different hand styles that you can feature in your video – 15 real hands and 13 cartoon style hand styles. They can be customized to fit your needs. You can even choose whether the hand will be left or right.
- Custom draw path Doodly’s custom draw path makes imported images look very natural. They fit right in as the hand effect applies to the imported image.
- Doodly Support You will find plenty of tutorial videos on Doodly’s official website that can help you navigate the platform with ease. And if you still have queries, you can simply reach out to their 24/7 active help desk.
- Versatile You can leverage the Doodly features to make ads, product reviews, instruction videos, and so much more. From digital marketers to entertainers, anyone can benefit from Doodly.
Doodly has two price plans: Standard and Enterprise. You can choose to pay monthly or annually. In case of annual payment, you will be saving up to 49%.
The standard Doodly plan costs $39 per month, and if you sign up for yearly billing, you will have to pay $240 per year. You can create unlimited videos and use the app on multiple computers. Besides, the plan comes with 803 character images along with 1157 prop images. You can set them up in 84 unique scenes. On top of that, there are 100 royalty-free music tracks available in the plan.
You will need to pay $60 per month to access the Enterprise Doodly plan. If you choose to be billed annually, you will have to pay $480 at the end of every year. It offers the same core features as the Standard plan. Moreover, you can create videos using the 3596 character images, more than 3000 prop images. The program supports 150 royalty-free music tracks. And the best part is that you will receive new characters and images every month. The regular updates backed by premium support makes the plan ideal for businesses and professional content creators.
Who Can Use Doodly?
- YouTube marketers
YouTube’s ranking factor is engagement signals including like, comment, share, and such. On our Review, Doodle videos have proven to be twenty times more engaging, and Doodly leverages these statistics to generate content that converts.
- Teaching and training
You can add a visual representation of any concept that you’re teaching. Doodly helps you generate explainer videos that send crucial messages
- Facebook advertising
If you want to engage your Facebook audience you need creative content that will immediately catch their attention.
- Sales videos
You can create explainer videos to present your brand and sell your eCommerce products. The tool works particularly well for selling eBooks, online courses, software products, and more.
- Fun and entertaining videos
Even if you’re not selling any product or service, you can simply create Doodly videos to inspire people. We have review, this and many youtube channels uses doodly to make motivational videos.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! Doodly is a desktop application that is compatible with Mac and PC of 32 bit and 64 bit. In terms of operating systems, the software requires Windows 7 or higher in PC and Mac OS X 10.10 or higher.
Doodly creates MP4 files that you can upload across various platforms such as YouTube, Facebook, etc.
Doodle supports resolution from 360p to 1080p. As for frames per second, you can tweak between 24 to 60 fps. There are export options that allow you to export from Low quality to maximum quality videos on Doodly.
Yes, you can. Doodly offers a wide range of images with each of its plans. To further customize your video, you can import images and customize them to match with the rest of the video.
Currently, there is no free trial for Doodly. However, they offer a 30 days money-back guarantee. So you can ask for a refund if you’re not impressed.
So the question remains, is Doodly worth it? We have used doodly and also have review doodly and we can say it is. If you’re trying to create videos that will engage your audience and help you convert them into customers, you should check out Doodly. The video creator is so easy to use that even beginners can create powerful content. We had a good time working with Doodly, and we think you will too!